Share with others

11 July 2010

91 days of summer- 20

Viva Espana!
Columbus Circle,
New York City, NY

We stumbled onto this celebration, a moment in time in New York City.  A large group of patriotic and ever celebrating Spaniards gathered under the statue of Christopher Columbus (wait, wasn't he Italian?) to celebrate their World Cup win.  They chanted "Viva Espana!" and blew World Cup horns (yes, they are loud!), and took pictures of each other and reveled in the win.
It was a fun scene to be part of.

Oh, and they spilled beer!  A Heineken.  (wait, isn't that Dutch?)  On me!  But I think smelling like a brewery got me a bit more space on the subway ride home, and it definitely got me first dibs on the shower... 

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

Pretty fun that you could catch that! I'm not sure that there was anything like that around here. The diSilva family was divided on the outcome. Only Diego was for Espana.
Sorry about the beer, but that WAS funny!