Share with others

06 May 2011

To tell the short version of the story of the last 8 months would sound something like this:

We left the United States.
We lived in Costa Rica for 8 months.
We learned some Spanish (but not as much as we hoped).
We made new friends, who will live all over the Spanish speaking world.
We saw the mighty provision, goodness, mercy and love of our Lord, daily.
We returned to the States.
And we started again.

Of course, that leaves a lot of details out..
Isn’t it funny how the story of even just 8 months might take years to unpack?

My family and I are back in the States. We are settling again, this time in the Rio Grande Valley of southeast Texas, right up alongside the Mexico border. And we are eager and anxious and ready, for whatever stories the next chapter holds.

But, since we’ve been back,
I’ve been noticing that everything seems bigger here.
And more expensive than when I left.
I’m not even close to being over the wonder of hot strong showers and comfortable beds.
I’m still trying to get my fill of unsweetened fresh brewed ice tea.
I’m absolutely cherishing being with old friends and so thankful we have started to see family.
I still think of how I would say it in Spanish.
But I haven’t had to very often.
My computer knows that I'm not in Costa Rica, and suddenly spellcheck works again.
And, slowly, I’m getting the blog groove back…

(photo: that picture was taken looking up from my new front yard- yes, we have palm trees in our front yard!)

No comments: