Share with others

23 February 2009

Simple

FOR TODAY, Monday, February 23, 2009...
Outside my window... the pastel palette of sunrise

I am thinking... of the wonder of the weekend past.

I am thankful for... this bit of truth from Psalm 94 this morning- "if the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have dwelt in the abode of silence. If I should say, "My foot has slipped," Thy lovingkindness, O Lord, will hold me up."

From the learning rooms... back to school today after a day off Friday, planning for the month ahead.

From the kitchen... for dinner tonight, Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce from Trader Joe's.

I am wearing... a long sleeve Life is Good t-shirt and pajama pants, for another few minutes, anyway...

I am creating... order, as we pick up the pile of sleeping bags, pillows, and bags that we left at the front door when we stumbled in last night.

I am going... to the library drop box today, to turn in overdue books that didn't make it last week.

I am reading... All Things for Good by Thomas Watson- two chapters and two mornings to go.

I am hoping... for a good turn-out at ESL classes this evening.

I am hearing... my daughter turn the pages of the newspaper comics, my son talk to himself about the sports page, the upstairs radio mumble at my husband.

Around the house... children begin to stir, preparations for the day ahead begin.

One of my favorite things... the quiet and still of the break of day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: normal life at home- school, service, sports...

Here is picture thought I am sharing... the view from my seat typing at the dining room table, an attempt to capture the brightness of dawn through my front windows facing east.

Take time to check out other Simple Woman Daybook entries...

and try it yourself!

3 comments:

sperlonga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sperlonga said...

well, I wasn't signed in yet.Welcome home! :) We missed you!

Michelle said...

Your house looks so cozy!