Share with others

09 September 2009

09-09-09

In honor of today's date, nines...

1. Folder 9, picture 9: (GRR! photos NOT downloading!! It should be a picture of my kids in Shanghai, China...)
2. Song 9 when I shuffle my ITouch: Happy Together by The Turtles
3. Contact 9 in my address book: my husband at work
4. Station 9 on my Pandora: Emmylou Harris radio
5. App 9 in my ITouch: Bejeweled 2
6. 9th place I lived: Monterey, California
7. Psalm 99:9- Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His holy hill; For holy is the Lord our God.
8. from the book I'm reading (Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry), page 9, line 9: And what must have been clear enough to the two of them was forever a mystery to us.
9. Question 9 from the Westminster Shorter Catechism: What is the work of creation? (Answer: The work of creation is God's making all things of nothing, by the word of his power, in the space of six days, and all very good.)

and, a "nine" quote: "Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives." C.S. Lewis

4 comments:

norsk said...

This was neat. I never got around to actually doing something like this. Oh well, I can wait until the next date! Hah!

b said...

Oh, liked this! Hope you had a great 090909! B.

Anonymous said...

That's fun!

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, can't believe you're reading Hannah Coulter! It's one of my top five fave novels ever. I'm reading a collection of his short stories right now and it is the perfect book to read to relax in the midst of a chaotic season of life. :) Miss you, friend. We are headed to I&O next week and I wish you were going to be there.