Share with others

28 January 2009

Wordful Wednesday- Soccer

My k took this picture of the indoor soccer field last week.

Soccer.

I played through middle school and high school and college- never really well, mostly always on recreational teams, always for fun. Soccer was never NOT fun for me.

I was a ref through high school, watching the herd that always is found when young kids play soccer. I started to coach in college- young kids, boys and girls, that made me laugh. I coached kindergarten kids. I coached middle school girls. I coached when I was pregnant with the twins and had to wear the same jersey as the team- making me look something akin to Tommy Lasorda. I even coached the twins through their first four years in soccer. Soccer is a great game for young kids. You don't have to be super athletic to contribute in a soccer game.

My twins play soccer- right now we're in the indoor season. Generally, one is on the field and one is in the goal. They seem to enjoy it as much as I do, and that's a blessing.
You rarely see a soccer field as seemingly empty as k captured it last week. Good eye, k.

For more WordfulWednesday contributions, don't forget to check out SevenClownCircus!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Indoor soccer? So is that artificial turf that they play on? Interesting picture!

Unknown said...

Soccer is a great sport. I was hoping Kaish would try it this spring, but he wants to play golf and tennis. Hmmmmmm.

Michelle said...

Nice shot K! I love the angle.

Claremont First Ward said...

My girls were not interested in soccer, but I'm sure my boys will be.....:)