Share with others

30 July 2007

"Prone to Wander"?

Why "Prone to Wander"? Upon hearing the title, my husband immediately snorted and told me that I was going to get hits from loony middle aged men hoping for a tryst. HA! My response? PSHEESH! Couldn't be farther from my thoughts!
MY thinking was more along the lines of:

1. My favorite stanza from one of my favorite hymns, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing:

O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be;
let that grace now, like a fetter, bind my wand'ring heart to thee.
Prone to wander- Lord, I feel it- prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above.
2. The restlessness God has put in my soul to see His world and see His people, and serve. Right now, my wanderings are few and I console myself with travel tv and non-fiction. But, if not in this place, at this time, I'd be wanderin'.
So, rest assured, the marriage is fine...
Blessings.

3 comments:

sperlonga said...

Whew, I'm glad for that! Even though you'd think the latte maker would be you!! ha! Just don't hope for any coffee when you order that it Italy. *smile*

Anonymous said...

I am sperlonga's sister. Joseph Martin has written a beautiful piano composition to this hymn which I heard on NPR. At the end the radio announcer that was working that day simply said, "O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be". I thought, "And I heard it on NPR!"

K said...

My first "stranger" comment, though of course, any sister of Sperlonga is a welcome friend! **hearty wave from the Heartland** Now though, if Mr.Sperlonga checks in, it's bound to get stranger... (Just kidding!)