Share with others

16 December 2007

Holliday concerts...

'Tis the season for lots of holiday music. Last week was a two-gig (stealing Auntie's lingo there...) week- the first with Veritas, the home school choir all five H kids sing with. Great concert. Lousy photos- low light in the church. But, take my word for it- everyone looked and sounded great... :-)

The next day, three of our piano students played in the "Holiday Under the Glass" lunchtime concert series at the Joslyn Museum. Now that's a setting with better lighting! So, I'm trying a "Prone to Wander" first- home video. (forgive the marginal audio- it's just a camera you know, and I'm not claiming to be a professional...) There's a bobble in the middle of the piece (which shows on the players faces...), but overall, it was a good show.


Here's a photo of the "glass"- one of my favorites from WA artist Dale Chihuly. And, a photo with another duet group. L. also played a piece with a boy from the studio, and they played well, even with only one rehearsal. It's fun to see fruit from the labors at home and in lessons...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, even Auntie got motivated to learn how to post a comment so I could say CONGRATULATIONS for that great performance! Way to go! I'm very proud of you! :-) Way to go klh for figuring out how to take a video AND post it. That's a feat in itself!

Karen said...

I think they are awesome!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful song played by your children. I would love to hear this played at church!!

IA Farm Wife