Share with others

02 September 2011

The Kolache Factory

Today I had a most wonderful encounter! I met a friend at The Kolache Factory for a cup of coffee and a snack, and we started talking to the man at the counter, who told us he was originally from Seward, Nebraska.

Seward, Nebraska! I know Seward, Nebraska and a little ol' gym where my girls played volleyball and basketball, and a baseball field where my boy's team got crushed. But I digress...

We talked up all kinds of things Nebraska, including Husker football of course, because what ELSE would any good Nebraskan talk about the Friday before the first Saturday of the football season.., and the weather, because as much as Texans like to talk about heat, folks from Nebraska talk about the cold..., and then sat down and devoured the DEE-licious kolaches. (I never knew what a kolache was before moving to Nebraska- I just called it a Danish. But it is so much more!) While talking, the nice fellow's mom brought us a dozen and a half complimentary kolaches, just because we were Nebraskans!

WOW! What a treat!! Thanks Patty and Jason! You blessed us, and our families! I'm telling you, these kolaches are Amazing! The bread is Amazing! The filling is Amazing! (am I using enough capital A's and exclamation points to convince you of this?) If there is a Kolache Factory in your 'hood, go now! Of course, the whole Nebraska thing might not work for you the way it did for us, but you'll be glad you stopped, nonetheless. We will definitely be back to the Kolache Factory!

( Jason put on his Husker hat for the photo. He sports a ball cap for a normal Kolache day... :-)

No comments: