Share with others

20 November 2011

things that make me say "hmmmmmm"....

Internet nuttiness.

I checked my email "spam" box, for the first time in a long time. There are the ads for Redbox, and Barnes & Noble, and Petsmart, which don't really qualify as "spam" but I'm completely ok that they end up there. There are the money offers, opportunities for me to make extra cash by doing data entry work,  or "earn $$ every single day by just clicking your mouse...," or by putting ads on my blog. No thank you. Sadly, there are the offers to increase the size of certain (ahem...) body parts... NO thank you!!

And then there are the letters from Mrs. Mary Parker, with the title Asahlamaleku. They read something like-
Dear Beloved.

I am Mrs. Mary Parker an aging widow suffering from long time illness.


I have some funds I inherited from my late husband, the sum of 7.5 Million Ponds and I needed a very honest and God fearing person that will use the fund for God's work, I found your email address from the internet and decided to contact you. Please if you would be able to use the funds for the Lord's work, kindly reply me at my email.
Yours in the Lord,
Mrs.Mary Parker

Somehow, I don't think she means it.

No comments: