Share with others

22 April 2012

Give them grace (1)

With the right mixture of fear and guilt, I can get my three children to obey in the short term. But my desire is not that they obey for five minutes or even for five days. My desire is that they obey for fifty years! And that will take something bigger and brighter than fear and guilt. the primary reason our children fail in their doing is that they fail to grasp at a deep heart level what Jesus has already done. They often give up in their efforts to obey because we have unconsciously trained them to obsess more over their feats for Jesus than over Jesus' feats for them.
- Tullian Tchividjian in the foreword for Give Them Grace by Elyse Fitzpatrick & Jessica Thompson

"They" are me.
To obsess over Jesus' feats for me...!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Are you reading this book? I'm interested in hearing what you think!