Share with others

22 September 2013

265/365

To begin Sunday school this morning, we sang:

Today on weary nations
The heav’nly manna falls;
To holy convocations
The silver trumpet calls,
Where gospel light is glowing
With pure and radiant beams,
And living water flowing,
With soul-refreshing streams.

- O Day of Rest and Gladness (verse 4)

And so as I gathered with others for worship in my local church today, 
to study the Bible,
to sing praises, 
to pray out loud, 
to welcome strangers through our doors without any cause for concern, 
I thought of other believers, in other places, who don't know such freedoms-

At least 78 killed following Sunday worship at All Saints Church in Peshawar, Pakistan;
6 Christians killed, more than 30 missing after September 5 attack on Maaloula, Syria;
A member of the Afghanistan parliament says Christians "need to be executed." ; and
"Persecution (is) at unprecedented levels" throughout the world.

I take a deep breath, and remember Hebrews 11 and "what more can I say" except
"I have overcome the world."

No comments: