Share with others

14 October 2013

286/365

"My good performance does not make me right with God, nor does my bad performance make me any more lost and hopeless. All stand equally lost and equally able to be saved.

A Christian, when he or she has just experienced a success, should say: But this success does not increase Christ’s love for me. In fact it is only 
because of His love for me that this happened, not the other way around! 

And a Christian, when he or she has just experienced a failure, should say: If I had not failed in this way, that would not make me any more loved and accepted by God than I am at this moment! My performance is irrelevant. In fact, God is always working for my good (Romans 8:28) – He has allowed this to happen because He loves me, not because He doesn’t. What a radical principle!"
- Tim Keller, Galatians for You 

Sunday blessings:
sunrise walk 
good coffee
fellowship of the saints
worship
sun on my face breeze in my hair
soccer families
mango sorbet
long awaited roadside photo stop
fresh broccoli and mushrooms
my own pillow

No comments: