Share with others

29 February 2016

59/366

My week was heavy. I heard stories of darkness and brokenness and honestly, evil. They seem bigger than I even know how to help, longer that I even know where to begin. How easily could I be Jonah, tempted to run and hide? 
But the weekend brought rest and encouragement, the sweetness of friendship, the fellowship of community, the joy of worship, the peace of prayer. A few well-pointed questions set me right for the week ahead.
Ask the Lord where He has called you and you have not obeyed. Repent of your disobedience and be forgiven. 
Consider the places and people to which He has called you and you have responded with obedience. Praise Him for His direction.  
Ask the Father where He would lead you now. Who needs to hear His message of mercy today? 
May we go in obedience and by His grace. May we have the courage to joyfully share the message of God’s salvation — a message that is just as much for the rest of the world as it is for our own souls.
If I take the wings of the morningand dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,even there your hand shall lead me,and your right hand shall hold me.If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,and the light about me be night,”even the darkness is not dark to you;the night is bright as the day,for darkness is as light with you.-Psalm 139:9-12 ESV

No comments: