Share with others

13 May 2016

132/366

Dear written word,
I owe you an apology.
I confess, I have been much too easily distracted.
Yes, I have allowed nonsense electronics to come between us.
I have spent much too much mindless time with Panda Pop and such.
It hasn't been restful and it certainly is not edifying.
Please forgive me.

But,
brown girl dreaming reminded me that I have loved words and stories and books, the page turning of books, for as long as I can remember.
Then I picked up Gold after a long winter's rest on my bedside shelf and didn't want to be distracted until I knew exactly how it would end.
A bit of time for browsing through the musty aisles turned up two new finds to add to my travel collection.

I'm back.
We need to spend more time together; I know we do.
Can we still be friends?

Yours truly,
k


No comments: