Share with others

25 August 2017

232/365

My girls have teased me that they don't need me to arrange play dates anymore. They are absolutely correct. I have ceded that task. But I'm thankful that I've had just a few more occasions to see them gather with their friends, the parents of their friends also my own friends, before they officially start a new chapter of life. On this night it was tacos and s'mores, even on a 90 degree August evening. On this night it was the youth outside, and around the fire, and obediently tolerating posing for the moms photos. On this night it was my friends around the table indoors and teens floating in and out. On this night it was the blessing of knowing that these are the people who will continue to pray, who encourage my kids to walk well, who point my kids to Christ. And on this night, it was also a gooey marshmallow on a melting square of chocolate between two crispy grahams.

No comments: