Share with others

15 February 2008

Friday Five #1

Today begins a new "regular" feature in Prone to Wander... The Friday Five.

I am inspired by a semi-regular feature in the World Herald on Thursdays, My Five, where folks play show & tell with five of their favorite things. I thought, it's pretty easy to come up with lists of five, and hence, the Friday Five.

So today,
Five Things That Make My Kids Laugh at Their Mom:

5. When I play my ITunes play list, or the discs I've made from it, I am constantly saying, "OH! This is one of my favorite songs!" HA! As they have pointed out, of course it is one of my favorite songs! I'm the one that put it there!

4. I talk to my dogs in the same voice I talk to my children. Yes, I know they don't answer. Don't worry, I know they don't understand. (well, Dillon doesn't understand. He's a terrier. Deakin, I think he understands, but that's a conversation for a different post...)

3. I wave at cars, thinking that I know the person driving, and 9 times out of 10, not only is it a complete stranger, it is the farthest person possible from who I think it was going to be. One time I thought I was waving at my daughter's beautiful petite Indian friend, and when I got closer, realized that it was a teenage African American boy. With an afro. OOPS! This week I managed to wave at someone I actually knew and my kids cheered, out loud!

2. Every winter, I fall down. It's never graceful. This winter, it was coming out of church. Left a big ol' bottom print on the sidewalk snow. Even threw my glasses off. Come on- admit it! Who doesn't laugh at physical humor? I even had to laugh at myself.

1. Now they are laughing because I came up with the idea for the "Friday Five" and I can only think of four things... alas...

stay tuned for next week... :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one about my beautiful petite Indian friend always crack me up!!!! I just read it and i started laughing!!!!!
xoxo
kgh

jess&mich said...

You're a nut! Glad you didn't mistake me for some Scandinavian strong man! I needed a good laugh this morning. yeah...when i saw you on the road the other day it looked like y'all were having a party in there!

C and J said...

But yet a fifth...When you sing in the grocery store! I know they have told us that one!!!! Now where could you have ever picked up a habit like that? XOXOXOMom

C and J said...

What about the five things they LOVE most about you? That would be a joy! XOXOXO, Mom

K said...

Singing in the store- that would be in the list of "Things that the children could live without..." Definitely doesn't make them laugh- maybe just cringe...

Guess that they'll need to start a blog to hear the "love list"- though at that point, I guess they won't be writing about what they love most about their mom... :-)

Michelle said...

You are too funny! Your list has inspired me to make my own Friday Five. Maybe that will encourage me to blog more often!!

~Michelle