Share with others

23 February 2008

Skyping

I confess, I am typically slow to embrace new technology. I have heard about the video camera for the computer for ages, and absolutely refused. I think of how I typically look while in front of the computer (like right now, in a sweatshirt and pajama bottoms..., or at early am hours, me and my bible and my online concordance and commentary...). But, I have had a change of heart.

Today we had our first Skype video call with friends Beth and Harold in Australia. What a treat! Go figure! We are half the world away from them. We were in the middle of a midwest Saturday afternoon and they were dressed and ready for church in Melbourne. And we each sat in front of our computers and had a chat. We saw Harold's new beard! We laughed with one another. We caught up.

It's the Jetsons in real life!
I'm sold.
Sign up.
We'll chat.

No comments: