Share with others

21 March 2008

Friday Five- Easter!

This week's Friday Five: Easter!
Here's five things that I love about Easter.


1. Malted milk eggs
I only eat them at Easter. I don't even know if anyone else in the house really likes them, but I give them to my entire family, and then when I run out of mine, I can steal theirs. As Lucy from Peanuts says, "All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!"

2. Easter finest
Little kids getting dressed up. Little girls with hats and purses. Little boys with ties. I have a picture to prove the cuteness, but the scanner and I are not on friendly terms with one another today, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

3. Dying Easter Eggs
Family tradition. My kids WILL NOT let me forget it. I like brightly colored eggs. I leave them in the dye for a loooooonnnnnnggggg time.

4. Easter hymns
You only get them once a year. No Alleluia! can be sung with as much gusto as those in Jesus Christ is Risen Today. No bass part ever sounds as good as the harmony of Up From the Grave He Arose (don't you hear the echo, "He arose!"?). One of the best lines in all of hymn-dom- "Where thy victory, O grave? Al - - le- lu- ia!"

5. The Resurrection
Christ victorious. Life everlasting.
"He is not here for He is risen, just as He said." Matthew 28:6
"And he said to them, "Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him." Mark 16:6
"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies." John 11:25
"But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power." Acts 2:24

What a wonderful celebration Easter should be! Hope your weekend is filled with rejoicing.

3 comments:

sperlonga said...

Oh, oh, oh, save some of those malted milk eggs for me!!! :)

And to go along with the theme, I love the scene of resurrection in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. How happy Lucy and Susan are!!!

C and J said...

You always express your thoughts so beautifully, and we are thankful for your ideas and inspirations, as well as your humor. We also feel so blessed to share such a glorious day with you! Praise be to God and to His Son!
XOXOXOX, Mom

C and J said...

Oh, dear! Would malted milk eggs have been better than Whitman's Sampler? Next year we'll have to find both! Enjoy! XOXOXO