Share with others

08 July 2008

In the 'hood

Places we've been lately in the neighborhood...

We love Pulp. A cool paper shop in my own neighborhood! Nifty cards and paper and journals and a gallery with a new artist every month. The hard part is deciding what NOT to buy. When we stop by, owner Brigitte doesn't freak out that 5 kids and their mom are suddenly invading her clean and bright and orderly space, and even remembers that we were traveling last month. Go visit Brigitte at Pulp!

And then, once you have bought cards to send to your friends, cross Maple and visit Sweet Georgine's. We had tasty tasty donut holes and an awesome cup of dark roast coffee. Yum.

Last week, I needed a book to take to the pool and the library was closed, so I stopped at Friendly Used Books, and found a never read copy of The Grapes of Wrath for just $4. Score! Actually, the owners found it for me. That day, I didn't even have to browse. But, I'll go back soon and do just that.


Now, if there were only a drive-through with fresh brewed ice tea, I'd be set...

2 comments:

Kim said...

I found you from WS' blog. We will be visiting them tomorrow from middle of nowhere Iowa.

One place I miss is Friendly Used Books. I enjoyed yabbering with the owners. I used to live walking distance from their shop when it was located at 121 and Center.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Kim

K said...

Nice to "meet" you, Kim! A friend of WS is a friend of mine. :-)