Share with others

07 September 2009

Montage Monday

A random sampling of this and that on a holiday Monday...

My girls and I had the privilege of doing a neat thing this morning. We took a dad and daughter to the zoo. The little girl, 2 years old, has been a heart patient here. The family is from Belize, but they are Mennonites and speak German. They look European, not Latin American. Fortunately, the dad knew a little Spanish, so with my little Spanish, we did ok. They are farmers, and use a horse and buggy, and no electricity. In Belize! Go figure! My heart goes out to this family- can you imagine being in a foreign country, for life changing medical treatment, in such dramatically different cultural conditions?

New Etsy stuff I like... this tree and stamped necklaces...

I know this commercial isn't new, but I saw it for the first time last night. Maybe you have to be married to a guy with a computer engineering degree to appreciate it, but it sure made our entire family laugh out loud.

And while talking commercials, the Swiffer "Baby Come Back" commercials make me laugh, too.

Not that anyone cares what I think, but I don't see what the super big deal about school kids listening to the President is. Read the speech. Why not have kids hear from the President, hear about the importance of education, and talk together about what he has to say. (and look-ee... John Piper and I agree...)

It must be a fun and games Monday. A perpetual Scrabble game has been in play, and stay tuned for the results of the 3rd Annual Labor Day Croquet Tournament...

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

And I agree with you and John Piper! only I FORGOT TO WATCH IT!!!