Share with others

24 September 2009

Three things Thursday

1. Fall! Love fall. LOVE fall! I swoon over red leaves. Everytime I see red leaves I "ooh" and I "aah". There is a distinct shortage of red leaves in my 'hood. A lot of yellows and umbers and mossy black greens. Red, however, is precious. (the photo was taken four doors down. No red leaves in my yard, sigh.)

2. My beloved and I had date night last Friday (was it Friday? I think it was Friday...) and went to a new-ish Indian place, Mother India. MMMMM. Just thinking about it makes me seriously consider jumping in the car and returning RIGHT NOW! On a scale of 1-10, the ambiance at Mother India is a 2. The service is a 3. The food is a 9+. (and the cuteness of the daughter that seated us and brought our water is an 11!) I had Vegetable Curry and my sweetie had Lamb Vindaloo that made sweat roll down his head. Naan! And an appetizer of delicious crispy fried spinach balls that have an Indian name that I can't remember and REALLY taste much better than I'm making them sound. Next time, I've already decided, it will be Chicken Tikka. And more naan. If in need of Indian in O, GO TO MOTHER INDIA!

3. In a Unfortunate Series of Events I cut not-one -but-two fingers while making vegetable soup on Tuesday. For those who know my kitchen exploits, this is not uncommon. Therefore, I share with you my favorite band-aids for the kitchen- Band Aid TOUGH STRIPS Finger Care, along with good ol' fabric tape for extra protection. (and confession, I can hardly say "BandAids" without sing-songing this tune...)

Three things Thursday.
Hmmm... kind of catchy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YYYYEEEEEOOOOOWWWW!!!! And I wasn't even there to help bandage you up...Make sure they get some air time, though!!! :-)

YYYYUUUUMMMM!!! That Indian food sounds delicious!

b said...

Yes, fall! It keeps poking its head up and down here in NC. Wish it would get here to stay. You make the Indian food sound fab-u-lous! Don't think I've ever had any. And sorry for your fingers... but, two?! Blessings to you and yours - B.

C and J said...

Ouch! Thank goodness for Band-Aids (as usual, I have one STUCK on me at the moment, so I emphasize and sympathize! Hugs (and Neosporin)!
XOXOXO Mom

norsk said...

Had to check out that song/ad - pretty catchy!