Share with others

02 March 2011

February 2011 Photo Hunt- Complete!

Finished up the February 2011 photo challenge.  I probably didn't take as many photos as I have in the past, and for a while, I thought I'd have to throw in one from the archives, but it all came together. I do really enjoy the inspiration the categories provide, and I look forward to doing the Challenge again in the future!

Here's a question for you photographers- how do you take candid photographs of people, especially people that you don't know.  Do you ask for permission? Do you take the photo and then ask permission? Or do you take the photo and never ask permission?  Do you know, how do professional photo journalists do that?  I am really self-conscious about taking those kind of photos, but they tell such amazing stories...  I guess if I had a great zoom, it wouldn't be an issue, but since I don't, yet...

To view all the photos in a slide show format, go to the Picasa web album. And to view other February 2011 Photo Challenge Entries, visit Photo Hunt Challenges.

Best from 2.19 or 2.20

This was taken during a prayer during our Sunday worship on 2.20. 
Black History Month (or Culture/Ethnicity)

A display of original art at an Artesans Market in San Jose.
Canned Food Month

There is more canned tuna in grocery stores here than I can really fathom...
Everyday

A mom and son just across the Panama/Costa Rica border.
Hearts

Homemade Valentines from my kids
Macro

Fern at the botanical gardens
Numbers

A pay phone keypad.
Something Cozy

A girl in a hammock off the beach.
Something Furry

A display of bears at a local store

Something Red

Licensed taxis in San Jose are red, not the yellow we North Americans expect.

Something White

A rental bike at Bocas del Toro.
The View from Above

A lily pond at the botanical gardens

4 comments:

norsk said...

Nice pictures! I have to admit I love seeing pictures from other countries, the entries from the photohunt that come from other nations are fascinating!

Liz said...

great!

Michelle said...

Great job my dear! The one of the mom and the little kid is my favorite.

As for taking pictures of strangers. I do it on the sly. I have only been caught once when I was shooting a picture while stopped at a stop light.

Do what makes you feel comfortable. A blogger friend of mine goes up to strangers and asks permission then she asks if the people will share their story....then she posts it on her blog. She hands out business cards with her blog name so that people can come and see themselves on her blog.

I know a few professional photo journalist that I can ask what they do.

kayerj said...

macro and a view from above are my favorites. nice results for the hunt. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on