Share with others

27 May 2011

5 minute friday- Forgetting (not)

Breaking a bloggy fast this morning, easing in gently with a prompt from The Gypsy Mama for 5 minute Friday...

Forgetting.
Or perhaps, forgetting not.

I never want to forget how sweet it is to stand in worship and know the songs so well I can sing them with my eyes closed and hear individual voices all around me, the mingling with the melody of the keys.

Or how it is to look across the room at a friend and be known, without saying a word, but with the history of all those words spoken through the many years before.

I never want to forget how it is to be the stranger, and not understand and not know a thing, to be the helpless one.

Or how it is to walk into the room and not know a soul, and hardly the language, and yet remember that a kind smile speaks volumes.

… keep your soul diligently, so that you do not forget the things which your eyes have seen and they do not depart from your heart all the days of your life; but make them known to your sons and your grandsons. (Deuteronomy 4:9)

Bless the Lord, oh my soul, and forget none of His benefits. (Psalm 103:2)

(art credit: Forget me Not by ZENdaisies at Etsy.com)



Don't forget to check out other 5 minute friday contributions at The Gypsy Mama.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I like the not forgetting of beautiful things too. Thanks for your post...such a good reminder to treasure our people.

Serena said...

I love your description of friendship, knowing without speaking. Have a blessed weekend.

Anonymous said...

Really loved reading this.
It was like a cool drink of water in a perfectly clean glass.
Thank you.
T

Anonymous said...

Lovely.
Blessings.
Andrea

Pitterle Postings said...

Lovely thoughts today. Thank you for sharing.