Share with others

31 May 2011

focus

No matter our object of worship, the same is true of our lives today. That which claims the most thorough part of our hearts, souls, minds, and strength both reflects and shapes our lives. We most certainly live in a time when the greatest commandment comes with great difficulty, when focusing our hearts, minds, and souls on one thing is a challenge met with a constant parade of options vying for our attention. But the God who longs to gather us, whose arm is not too short to save (even from ourselves), nor ear too dull to hear, is the same yesterday and today.

- from "To Dwell in Possibility," by Jill Carattini at RZIM.com

That passage just one of a series of words that have challenged me over the past few days...
  • What do I allow to be a distraction from focusing my heart, mind, soul, and strength on glorifying the True and very faithful God who stretches His arm to me?
  • Am I passionate about taking the Gospel, the Good News of Christ, to those who are longing for good news?
  • Am I listening and responding and walking in obedience?
  • Do I have His word ready to share?
  • Do I believe it?
I just now read, "Our bondages are ruining our lives—and still we hold on to them for dear life. Why? It seems to me we don’t really believe that God has anything to offer that we would like better. Heaven has always seemed boring to those who live in darkness. It’s just a matter of not believing God, I guess." 

I will focus on Light.

(photo credit: Out of Focus Bright by Maddenphotography at Etsy)

No comments: