Share with others

15 July 2011

Five Minute Friday- loss

This week I heard two stories of babies dying, and I grieve.
I don't understand, but I trust the Creator who has a purpose and a plan.
And yet, I don't understand.

This week I am in the desert, and I look at the unforgiving terrain and think about those who have trekked across, those who tried but didn't make it.
I wonder.
And I don't understand.

How do we rightly mourn with those who are mourning?
How do we grieve that which is not ours?

These are the times when I long for eternity, to reach the not-yet from the here-now.
These are the times when I long for the forevermore in the Thy will be done.
Without suffering,
without pain,





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh, k. isn't that the truth? the kind of loss that is unfair and that we don't understand and we question and wonder if god's there and if he's real and, if he is, then is he even good?

thank you for this.

(love, number 88.)

:)

Unknown said...

Amen, I too long for the what will be that isn't right here, right now.