Share with others

30 April 2013

120/365

Ahhh... the small unexpected joys of sunny days!

I found this guy hanging out by the mailbox when I pulled up to the house this afternoon. He had a little buddy friend scampering around the tree with him, too. When I was growing up in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains in Albuquerque, my sister and a friend and I would catch lizards in butterfly nets. We'd crochet leashes for them, and walk them around for a day or so before letting them loose. Lizard catch and release. And for a brief moment, yes, I was tempted to catch this guy today. But really, how could I disturb his sunbath beyond taking his photo?

Any herpetologists out there that might have an idea what kind of lizard this guy is?
(and really, I'm thinking he might actually be a gecko...?) 

No comments: