Share with others

17 October 2007

Felony Flyers

These are my favorite shoes, well, right now, and I'm not just saying that because they don't hurt my infected toe and they only cost $5 on clearance. A friend, who has experience with such things, calls them my Felony Flyers because, apparently, they are jail issue shoes. Who knew I was so edgy? HA!

When I wear these shoes, I have a sense of being READY. Ready to go, on a moments notice. It's that same feeling of wanting to make "vroom-vroom" noises when I ride my mountain bike and hop the curb. Probably the Proverbs 31 woman did not wear Converse sneakers (only because rubber had not yet been invented, maybe, though I have to concede, that purple and fine linen probably don't go so well with sneakers...), though these shoes give me just a little extra bit of strength, and I smile when I wear them. (Prov. 31:25) These shoes aren't the Gospel of peace, but I am ready to go and speak it, live it, when I wear them. (Eph 6:15)
Watch out world!

Just wanted to share... :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! vroomvroom?!?!!??!??! I don't get it. But the shoes are very cute!!!!
xoxo :-) kgh

sperlonga said...

I get into sound effects when I drive,too. My kids' friends used to comment. There IS something about shoes....

K said...

Dear anonymous~
where's the love? where's the respect? you best be careful, or I just might feel like singing in the grocery store aisles again... :-)
xoxo

C and J said...

Those noises are SO healthy! That's like my "AAAH-KUUUU!" in the kitchen with my power blade butcher knife! And I like the shoes, too! I think Mark S. would call those your "ghetto shoes." XOXOXO!