Share with others

13 October 2007

Intercession

...When King Jehosphaphat faced an insurmountable problem, he made no pretense to know the solution. A vast army marched against him, and "he was afraid and set his face to seek the LORD..." He assembled the people together, and he prayed,

O Lord, God of our fathers, are you not God in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. In your hand are power and might... For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you. (2 Chronicles 20:6, 12)

Like Jehosphat, we can unapologetically say to a woman facing a vast army, "Our God rules heaven and earth. I don't know the answer to your problem, but I will help you fix your eyes on Him. I will remind you of His sovereign love and power. I will pray for you, and I will encourage you to search out His word to know Him more intimately."

from The Legacy of Biblical Womanhood by Susan Hunt and Barbara Thompson

4 comments:

sperlonga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sperlonga said...

I love that verse, "We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you." What better place to be? It's my prayer for my grown children that they would be at that place where they say, "my eyes are on you." All three are at the marriage/career decison stage of their lives. May they fix their eyes on Jesus! Thanks for this reminder.

sperlonga said...

The first comment got posted before I was finished!!!

K said...

Thanks, friend! The other thing that really impresses me is that Jehoshaphat assembled his people together and prayed. They did not know what else to do, and they prayed. Just as you write, for us too, eyes fixed on the Lord.