Share with others

06 November 2007

Bizarre Foods

Our normal Monday date night plans were altered last night when our regular show wasn't on. So, in search of adventure, we turned to the Travel Channel and found Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. WHOA! And let me say again... WHOA! This guy eats some nasty stuff! Last night he was in Ecuador where local cuisine includes such delicacies as roasted cuye (can I just say, an animal that we have kept as a pet...), a choice of soups (do you prefer the inside or outside of the stomach?), coconut grubs (fat little guys!), and a vitamin-filled aloe vera drink that seemed to have a consistency similar to, well, snot? I know that my faithful readers are intrigued!

But, we have to admit, Mr. Iron Stomach Zimmern made us laugh out loud, and fresh empanadas don't seem all that bad! You can check out his entire trip here.

Next week, we do hope to be travelling again with our Trekker friends, but Bizarre Foods was an amusing diversion for a week, anyway...
Happy eating!

4 comments:

sperlonga said...

I've watched that sometimes. Ooooo, gives me a stomach ache watching some of it! Like the whale blubber, nice thick slabs...argh!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. That is such a nasty show. The one I watched had fresh snake heart. Still beating. ewww.
sorry if that ruins anyones appetite.
kgh

Karen said...

I agree about the small animal kept as a pet, I have not watched him since! We have 3 of those little creatures:)

Anonymous said...

YUCK!!!!!! I wouldn't last for a minute watching that one! Those people are SICK (or, maybe they are getting sick!). Give me Emeril and Giada!
XOXOXO
Mom