Share with others

25 September 2008

The Branch

I came across this in reading this morning-

Now listen, Joshua, the high priest, you and your friends who are sitting in front of you- indeed they are men who are a symbol, for behold, I am going to bring in My servant the Branch. Zechariah 3:8

and this,

Thus says the Lord of hosts, "Behold, a man whose name is Branch, for He will branch out from where He is; and He will build the temple of the Lord." Zechariah 6:12

So I started thinking about that idea, Branch.

I looked the word up, and found the Hebrew word, tsemach, which Strongs defines as a righteous branch or offspring of God, a sprout or shoot (of Messiah from the Davidic tree).

And that led me to this-
In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth will be the pride and the adornment of the survivors of Israel. Isaiah 4:2

Ah, the grace and comfort of the Gospel foretold!

(photo credit to Tammy Siegel and TrekEarth)

No comments: