Share with others

18 May 2009

Simple- May 18

FOR TODAY, Monday, May 18, 2009...

Outside my window... full sun, tree branches swaying and the bright green leaves of spring blowing in a gusty wind.

I am thinking... this is the kind of day we look forward to in the middle of winter!

I am thankful for... healthy kids, a list mostly completed, good food to eat for dinner.

From the learning rooms... Esther, the end of the 20th century history, Longfellow.

From the kitchen... Indian food & spinach salad for dinner, oatmeal scotchie bars for dessert

I am wearing... brown roll-up capris, tan and orange blouse, sandals.

I am creating... lists. of things to do. a lot to do.

I am going... to Wilmington, NC tomorrow to visit grandbaby H and his folks!

I am reading... Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry.

I am hoping... for a good, uneventful, last night of classes at ESL this evening.

I am hearing... my son and a friend quiz each other on history, girls playing in the front yard, the front door squeaking open and shut, dog paws on the wood floor.

Around the house... kids. my five. and three neighbor kids. and a buddy that is riding with us to baseball practice.

One of my favorite things... warm oatmeal scotchies out o' the oven.

A few plans for the rest of the week: snuggling baby. being a nice grandma and a mom that's a blessing.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... my son playing ball. That's what we seem to have a lot of pictures of these days...

Check out more Simple Woman's Day Book entries...

1 comment:

KarenW said...

I love oatmeal scotchies!