Share with others

24 August 2009

Simple- August 24

FOR TODAY, Monday, August 24, 2009...

Outside my window... clear blue skies, gently swaying tree branches, shadows of morning sun.

I am thinking... about this and this by Andree Seu, and this, also from WORLD.

I am thankful for... open windows, cool breezes, days with no where to be!

From the learning rooms... formal classes not in session! But preparation starts this week.

From the kitchen... homemade waffles.

I am wearing... denim shorts, a green t-shirt and flipflops

I am creating... space, by cleaning up piles today!

I am going... no where any time soon!

I am reading... When Helping Hurts by Brian Fikkert and Steve Corbett and this, still...

I am hoping... for thunderstorms tonight.

I am hearing... girls play Life ("Just let me live my LIFE!"), a lawnmower down the street, a breeze in the trees, cicadas (which remind me of this from the comics yesterday...)

Around the house... there are a lot of kids, and a dog, too. :-)

One of my favorite things... days when I have no where to be!

A few plans for the rest of the week: soccer game, volleyball practices, piano lessons, Wednesday night at church, thank you's, school planning, house cleaning, organizing.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... my family on the beach at the tip of the Puget Sound in Washington, taken at the beginning of the month.

Thanks to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

b said...

What a beautiful family. And a great, peaceful post. Blessings - B.