Share with others

16 November 2009

Not career or housework...


"I just don't know if we have the time for a trip to France right now," I sighed.  Paul nodded.

But then we looked at each other and repeated a favorite phrase from our diplomatic days:  "Remember, 'No one's more important than people!" In other words, friendship is the most important thing- not career or housework, or one's fatigue- and it needs to be tended and nurtured.  So we packed up our bags and off we went.  And thank heaven we did!

from My Life in France by Julia Child, with Alex Prud'homme

(photo:  Julia and Paul Child, from an earlier cover of My Life in France)

2 comments:

C and J said...

Sigh... My favorite all-time cook/chef, earlier in print and television, and now on the silver screen! Ahhh, those recipes I love to create and eat from her "Masterpiece!" They are still my go-to favorites! And especially precious is her joie-de-vive! Bon Appetit! XOXOXOX

sperlonga said...

We had the same conversation, "Do we have time to go to Scotland?" Glad we did! It WAS about friendships. :)