Share with others

09 November 2009

Simple- 9 November 2009

Outside my window... pale blues and grays of dawn; stark, bare tree branches; calm and serene. I am thinking... about the words of the Lord in Hosea 2:19-20-
"And I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and in justice,
In lovingkindness and in compassion,
And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness,
Then you will know the Lord.
I am thankful for... the truth of this quote from John Stott, "Forgiveness eradicates our past, and the Spirit transforms our future." 
From the learning rooms... looking at China, Korean folk tales, Spanish vocabulary...
From the kitchen... vegetable soup in the crock pot for dinner tonight.
I am wearing... pj's.  Don't come over yet, ok?  :-)
I am creating... plans, for today, for the week, for ESL...
I am going... to Maryland tomorrow, for a week of observing ESL ministries and for more training.  I'm excited!
I am reading... All Things for Good by Thomas Watson and My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud'Homme
I am hoping... to be efficient today; to finish the necessary to be able to meet with friends; that all of my ESL staff is healthy.
I am hearing... the upstairs floorboards creaking; a bird chirping; keyboard taps.
Around the house... the majority still sleep.
One of my favorite things... the house before everyone wakes up!
A few plans for the rest of the week: travel, learning, meeting new people.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... since ESL is so much on my mind today, here's a picture of one my girls with two Sudanese friends...

Thanks to Peggy for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook. Take time to visit more entries here.

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

I'm not sure what ESL is. I love the picture. Soup sounds great. I hope you learn a lot on your trip. God bless you and your ministry, Doylene