Share with others

16 December 2009

DPP- December 16- "The Perfect Gift..."



"The Perfect Gift for the Modern Homemaker"

That's what the side of the box for the handmixer says.
Almost every week I work with a neat, and rather not what you would expect of the kitchen church ladies, group of ladies to cook Wednesday night dinner at church.
The mixer came with the church.  (the church building and how we ended up in it, that's another great story for another day)  The church is old, and so is that mixer.  We figure it's from the 60's.  Or so.

We use that mixer almost every week, and almost every week we laugh.
"Where's the Perfect Gift for the Modern Homemaker?," we ask.
Kitchen worker humor! 
When you cook dinner for 100, you need humor!

So, for today's picture o' the day, I got my dear friend to pose with the mixer.  And the box, of course.

I'd be amiss if I didn't also mention that my friend (who I promised would remain nameless!) is one who every woman would do well to model, modern homemaker or not. 
She's an amazing cook.  (ask my kids about her meatballs.  or her potato soup.  or her fresh bread...) 
She's crafty, and I mean that in a nice mitten making way, not a "using cunning or trickery" kind of way. 
But more than that, she's a trusted friend and confidant, who sharpens me and others, and for that I'm blessed and thankful.

And remember, if you are still looking for that Perfect Gift for your sweetie...

1 comment:

norsk said...

Where can I buy one of those...?LOL