Share with others

16 August 2010

91 days of summer- 56

Carlsbad Caverns National Park,
Carlsbad, NM


Carlsbad Caverns ranks at the top of My List of Favorite National Parks.  But man!  That's a tough place to take a picture! 

I first went to Carlsbad Caverns when I was about 9 or 10.  It was my birthday.  To this day, my best memory of that trip has nothing to do with the Caverns and everything to do with eating too much Mexican food and Baskin Robbins ice cream, and laughing hysterically at a Pepto Bismol commercial with my sister.  This week I told my sister that my family was going to the Caverns, and she immediately exclaimed, "Pepto BISMOL!"  But I digress...

I traveled to the caverns again in middle school with my Girl Scout troop, a wonderful very non-traditional and fun group of scouts, and remember having a great time.  And we did today, too.  It is spectacular, Carlsbad Caverns.  It's out of the way, but well-worth the trip.

But maybe, buy a few postcards at the end, just to make sure you have a few good photos...   

No comments: