Share with others

18 August 2010

Simple- August 18, 2010

FOR TODAY, Wednesday, August 18, 2010
The LORD preserves the simple;I was brought low, and He saved me. Psalm 116:6
Been a while since Simple... 
Thanks, B, for the reminder!

Outside my window...  a hotel parking lot, a Cracker Barrel sign, our van taking up space

I am thinking...  of how far we have traveled this summer, of getting near to the end of this part of the journey

I am thankful for...  visits with family, visits with friends, safety, provision, fellowship, my family.

From the kitchen...  well, not MY kitchen, but... Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  mmm.

I am wearing... long white shorts (if they are "long" are they still "shorts"?), blue t-shirt, my new cross, flip flops  

I am creating...  order.  you might think it would be easier when your belongings have been distilled to a duffel bag and a backpack...

I am going...  south, to Harlingen, TX today.  (big smile!  been waitin' on that a while!)

I am reading...  Ecclesiastes, Romans, Psalms, but other that my morning reading- NOTHING!!  Must. Fix. That. SOON!

I am hoping...  that we don't leave anything here, that the car stays healthy, that there is a glass of ice tea in my very immediate future...

I am hearing...  the hum of the bathroom fan, my husband zippering bags, my son turn the sports section of the newspaper  (my girls are in another room, or I would MOST certainly be hearing them!  my girls are in another room and thankfully I am not hearing them!)

Around the house...  no house!  around the room... bags packed, beds half made.

One of my favorite things... drinking a cup of coffee with my buddy Estellita.  Tomorrow.  maybe tonight.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  hanging out in Harlingen.  Being still.  Getting ready to leave the country on Monday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... from window shopping in Fredricksburg, TX yesterday

For more Simple, please go visit the Simple Woman's Daybook.

1 comment:

Julie said...

love your new cross ... and james avery! a gift? i will email soon! praying!