Share with others

17 April 2011

on distance

how far,
from high desert of the Southwest to the ocean coasts of the continent to the plains of the Heartland to the tropics of Central America;
from no worship to traditional pews and stained glass windows to mismatched chairs on a cement floor and a rooster crowing out back;
from lazy to busy to tranquilo.

how far,
to that place we have yet to arrive;
to goodbyes and hellos;
to the mix of language and culture and tradition;
to learning yet again.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works.
Psalm 73:28



I just discovered Five Minute Friday, a challenge issued by The Gypsy Mama to write for 5 minutes, just to write whatever comes to mind, "to fingerpaint with words."  (isn't that a GREAT image?) 

Five minutes pass in a flash!

I think I'll be back...

1 comment:

thebeloved said...

Like you, I gave my first 5 minute Friday post this week... (not actually on Friday... but oh well). Hope to see your next post!