Share with others

27 June 2014

177/365

I through the gate with a couple of my girls and one who knows us saw us, and laughed, and asked, "So this is what missionaries do for fun? Go do missions trips?"

:-)
well, yes.

What a privilege to know the folks serving at Isaiah 55, and what a privilege that they allow me and mine to hang out with them when are able. We spent a couple of days in Reynosa this week, serving at the deaf school and working with kids in a government after-school program. We enjoyed fellowship with friends old and new. I spent an hour and a half rocking in a wooden and wicker chair and time slowed down. We worshiped and heard testimonies of  God's faithfulness. We sang hymns in harmony to the accompaniment of guitar and ukulele and smacked termites out after the rain and drank fresh limeade and went to bed tired and yet, refreshed, ready to do it again the next day.

Why? Isaiah 12:4 tells us that we will
Give thanks to the Lord,
call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted.
Indeed, he is my strength and my song.

No comments: