Share with others

04 June 2008

From Sunday School

from the Heidelberg Catechism:

Q1: What is your only comfort in life and in death?

A. That I am not my own,
but belong-
body and soul,
in life and in death-
to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ.

He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood,
and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil.
He also watches over me in such a way
that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven;
in fact, all things must work together for my salvation.

Because I belong to Him,
Christ, by his Holy Spirit,
assures me of eternal life
and makes me wholeheartedly willing
and ready from now on to live for him.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I love that question & answer!! Thanks for posting it. I needed to read it again.

K said...

yep- how can you pick the "best" part of it?
"That I am not my own, but belong... to my faithful Savior"?
"Fully paid for all my sins"?
"Watches over me"?
"All things must work together for my salvation"?
"Assures me of eternal life"?

so then my constant prayer is that last couple of lines- make me wholeheartedly willing and ready to live for You, Lord.

Glad it was an encouragement to you as it was to me...