Share with others

28 June 2008

Laredo Missions 2008

It was my delight to return to Laredo again this year, to continue the work we began last summer, to renew old friendships and to be blessed by new ones. To see how the Lord is faithful even through our limited efforts. This summer, our work at Iglesia La Vid was two-fold, to continue work on the building that will serve as the sanctuary for La Vid, and to hold a Vacation Bible School for children in the morning.

Working with the children, and the ladies and teens of La Vid, in the morning was really a delight. We sang and played and learned verses and heard stories. The faces remain indelible in my memory, so curious and so ready.

The building work was hot. We were pleased to finish the exterior painting on the back of the building and on half of the final side of another. On the inside, we were able to construct the staging at the front of the sanctuary, insulate a good portion of the walls, and begin to hang drywall.

We look eagerly and expectantly to the building being complete. Aproximately $100,000 will be needed to complete the work, and more teams to help. Please continue to pray for those needs.

I cannot well describe the joy it is to work so very hard, and to strive to further the Kingdom just that little bit more. I think my words are inadequate to communicate how much of a blessing the fellowship of believers can be. Jesus told us, in John 15:10-11, "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, and that your joy may be made full." I find that it is in that keeping, in service and in communion with others, that indeed, our joy is made full.

I have plenty of pictures of the week to share, but I'm still working on how to do that best. So, meanwhile, here's a photo of our team, at the beginning of the last day, when we weren't too grubby yet. :-)

No comments: