Share with others

06 August 2008

The Loot

One more thing...
my family gifted me richly. My kids blessed me, and made me smile, with the careful deliberation and exuberant enthusiasm they used in picking out the perfect gifts. And they did well! Even if the secrets were hard to keep... :-)

I have a new pair of sneaks, to replace my beloved Felony Flyers I splattered with paint in Laredo, a coffee mug I've been covetting the entire summer, the same notebook I bought for a friend earlier in the summer that K knew I really wanted for myself, and a candle to make the house tropical mango fresh. And, lots of handmade card art to enjoy too.

Thanks fam! You all are my treasure!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear K-----.........Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Welcome to the "I'm in my forties" club! Sounds like you had a fun day and received some really thoughtful gifts from your family. Tell K that paying attention to what other's really want and then remembering for their birthday is a invaluable gift to possess! :)

Anonymous said...

Kristie,

I had so much fun at your bparty with all of the church women. I'm enjoying getting to know you better these past few weeks. I so enjoyed your insights at Anna's shower and I love your blog. You are such a neat gal!

Birthday celebrations at our house last a week. If it's a big birthday they last longer. Milk it. Joy Stevens

Anonymous said...

Hope your birthday was a fun time for you. I have a little package to give you on Sunday.