Share with others

18 March 2009

Book Confessions

1. To mark your page you: use a bookmark, bend the page corner, leave the book open face down? I'm a corner bender in most of my personal reading. In my Bible and in most of our school books, I use those little post-it flags. I like the idea of bookmarks, but where do you put them while you are reading...?

2. Do you lend your books? Absolutely. I like sharing my books, especially the books I love! I'm grateful others share their books with me!

3. You find an interesting passage: you write in your book or NO WRITING IN BOOKS! I've grown into writing in books, and now it's habit. Unless I'm borrowing a book- and then I flag the page and write the quote later. And if the book is filled with flags, I buy it.

4. Dust jackets - leave it on or take it off. Off. Dust jackets are a pain.

5. Hard cover, paperback, skip it and get the audio book? My favorite size is quality paperback, but I'll read anything. NO audio books. It's just not the same.

6. Do you shelve your books by subject, author, or size and color of the book spines? I shelve by subject, and then with fiction, alphabetical by author. I tried that size and color thing. Pretty. Not practical. I like being able to find a book. Exception- my cookbooks, mostly because of the place they are shelved.

7. Buy it or borrow it from the library later? Depends- on recommendation, cash on hand, why I'm reading it. I tend to borrow fiction and buy non-fiction.

8. Do you put your name on your books - scribble your name in the cover, fancy bookplate, or stamp? It was last name on the first page until my bibliophile buddy gave me an embosser. I love the embosser.

9. Most of the books you own are rare and out of print books or recent publications? I don't think I own any rare books. I know I own some out of print, but probably the majority of my books are fairly new.

10. Page edges - deckled or straight? Deckled pages are so pretty- but really, I don't care a bit. Would the page edges stop a person from reading?

11. How many books do you read at one time? Several. Right now I have a morning study book, a general reading book, some books for school, and an epic fiction work that's not going so quickly...

12. Be honest, ever tear a page from a book? On purpose?! What?! I don't even tear recipes or hairstyles out of magazines in waiting rooms...

Thanks to Anne at PalmTreePundit for the inspiration. I don't think there's too much to repent of, or do penance for... :-)
(photo: a shelf in our dining room/schoolroom, that generally breaks all my rules for book organizing...)

3 comments:

sperlonga said...

Love it, love it love it! I kept thinking about what I do with books. I'm loaning out a book (because I want it back) to someone. I'm PRAYING that it will make a difference!
Oh, and I bookmark always, no bending, but I do write in it. Go figure.

b said...

Fun meme...I snagged it and put it on my blog! B.

Julie said...

Yay, I like this one too. I'm putting it on Facebook and I'll tag you! :)