Share with others

17 March 2009

Tuesday Random

Catching up after a week away- a few random thoughts...

What a good week we had. Sweet fellowship of likeminded believers. Worship every day. Seeing God's vision for His Kingdom and His work around the world. A charge to move forward.

Good teaching at the Mercy Ministry conference. Soul stirring music from the brothers and sisters at New City Chattanooga. A glimpse of the Kingdom in worship Sunday at New City St. Louis.

I'll never achieve the order my mom keeps. She lives by Lord Baden Powell's advice to the Boy Scout's- "Try and leave this world a little better than you found it." What a blessing to come home to an immaculate house and chores caught up!

This morning I discovered I can watch ER online. I've been watching ER all 15 seasons. I've known ER longer than my oldest daughter. I've seen every disaster to hit County General. I missed last week's show, which I don't regret a bit, but wonder of wonders, I didn't! It's right there waiting for me. Hello Doctor Ross!

We're enjoying springlike temps- sidewalk chalk, lemonade stands, outdoor baseball and soccer practices. Being outside reminds me of the last stanza of Jesus I Am Resting, Resting
Ever lift Thy face upon me
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting ‘neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth’s dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father’s glory,
Sunshine of my Father’s face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting,
Fill me with Thy grace.

It's good to be back.

(photo credit to Miss Avocado at Etsy. And as always, when wandering around Etsy, remember, Thou Shalt Not Covet.)
:-)

No comments: