Share with others

10 June 2011

5 minute Friday- backwards

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that]for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12-14

Some days, when I least expect or anticipate it, time seems to move backwards, and suddenly I am in a place from before, forgetting the steps forward. It takes just a word or a look or even a tone, and I forget progress made and stumble back into the pit that seemed to be left long behind.

I doubt; I question; I accuse; I want to withdrawal and surrender to disbelief.

I hate those days.

It is a constant challenge to forget what lies behind and reach forward to what lies ahead.
But oh, the promises along that road for the prize…

(art credit: Looking Forward by Shirae on Etsy)
(isn't funny how backward and forward are just a turn of perspective? because it sort of seems that girl is looking backwards, but the title of the work is Looking Forward...)

Thanks to The Gypsy Mama for the encouragement to write.
The instructions, straight from The Gypsy Mama...

Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s write in shades of real and brave and unscripted.

Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Get a little crazy with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.

2 comments:

Jenny Roan Forgey said...

really love this. it hits home with me in many ways. thanks for stopping by today and nice to "meet" you!

Anonymous said...

forgetting the progress....so true.
Tee