Share with others

24 June 2011

five minute friday- wonder

Wonder…

Of being in awe.
A sunset painted in pastels across the sky, blue and purple and pink and orange, wispy clouds all that remain after the storms of the day.
The sparse beauty of the desert, the sage and mesquite and craggy brush, green across the canvas of brown.

Of thinking curiously.
What does tomorrow hold and how will He use me?
How does that work?

Of doubt.
To believe beyond what is logical and reasonable.

Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well. Psalm 139:14.

(art credit: I wonder postcard by ChildlikeWisdom on Etsy)




As The Gypsy Mama encourages each Friday:

Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Here’s how we do it:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing or tweaking.

2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my right side bar}

3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard. {And if you love us, consider turning off word verification for the day to make it easier for folks to leave you some encouragement}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you broke it down into how you wonder and about what you wonder... totally original.
IT was all beautiful to read.
Tee

Stacie said...

You covered wonder from all its angles... a thoughtful post.
PS - What a beautiful family you have! :)

Hilary said...

This post was so thoughtful - I felt like I was traveling through your mind as you read (or listened to) the word "wonder." It made me hear the word differently. Thank you for this beautiful post! I loved visiting from The Gypsy Mama!