Share with others

08 June 2011

lately...

a random list of this.
and that.

1. Back in the cold of winter, my dear friend Susie in Omaha wrote me, her excitement oozing out of my computer, that her recipe was chosen as a finalist for a Midwest Living recipe cook-off! So sweet Susie made the all expenses paid trip to a beautiful kitchen in Branson, Missouri, and baked her heart out. To know Susie is absolutely to love Susie, and even more so once you taste the delights that come out of her kitchen! Alas, she didn't win the grand prize, but her recipe and a gorgeous picture of her Kiwi Summer Limeade Pie is featured in the May 2011 issue of Midwest Living.
(photo credit: Midwest Living food photographer Andy Lyons)

2. For the last five years, I've worn a very loyal and very comfortable pair of Nike all-terrain sandals. I wore them to raft the Colorado through the Grand Canyon and I wore them to hike in Costa Rica and all kinds of places in-between. But sadly, their time has come to an end, as they lost their soul, oops, I mean SOLE, at Manuel Antonio in Costa Rica. Their replacement?
CHACOS! I am SO excited about this, because everybody I know that has Chacos loves them. I found mine at a big discount at Amazon.com, and used gift card $$ to pay for them, and they arrived today. Much rejoicing! (but look closely at the picture! notice the mosquito ON MY FOOT! Not rejoicing about the mosquito attack at dusk!!)

3. Newest addition to Thou Shalt Not: this little piece. It comes in a smaller version too. Actually, I could find a few treasures there...

4. first trip of the summer at the Texas Stop Sign. It's really rather remarkable how much a French Silk Blizzard tastes like French Silk Pie...

a few of the easiest parts of lately...

1 comment:

Joetta said...

Like the shoes! We are going to have a lot of mosquito attacks due to the flooding river. Quite the site to see the mighty mo out of its banks.