Share with others

23 January 2013

20/365

Now doesn't THAT figure?
In that brief time when the sun, in all of its shining splendor, came out on the Kitsap Peninsula, when the white-capped Olympic Mountains peaked proudly in the distance, when the water glistened in the bright of the afternoon light, that was the time when I didn't have my camera with me.
So I snapped the trees with my phone as we drove by...

But, even still, what a glorious day!
We spent the weekend at Liberty Bay Presbyterian Church, with that body of believers so dear to my heart, those folks that kept me afloat during those years my husband was underwater (literally), and the same folks that so generously and faithfully support the ministry at the US/Mexico border now.

They asked us to share about the work down here, and they asked us the prayers of our heart. They listened earnestly and prayed fervently and encouraged us greatly. It blessed us to see old friends and it blessed us to meet new ones, too. Not to mention, they showed us generous and gracious hospitality and fed us well besides!

In addition, we had the opportunity to spend a few hours with other dear friends, sharing our stories and catching up on a few of theirs, seamlessly taking up where we last left off. Certainly, isn't one of the sweetest times this side of heaven just sitting and spending time and enjoying fellowship with one another? Indeed, I leave refreshed, and still, longing for that time when there will be no more goodbyes.

A big thanks to all of our friends on the Kitsap Peninsula. You all are precious to us!

No comments: