Share with others

12 January 2013

9/365

"I will send down the showers in their season; they shall be showers of blessing."
Ezekiel 24:26 (ESV)

It seems like it has been raining for a week. Just writing that sort of makes me want to snort; what a lame and completely non-noteworthy statement. We have lived in places where it rains for days and weeks and even months at a time, and I have forgotten how to do that gracefully, I think. I splash in puddles one day and am ready for sunshine to return by the next. This morning, it was raining and pouring and it seemed unusually cruel to make my son ride his bike to classes. I had just dropped him off and stopped at the light when, in an instant, the clouds broke and sunlight busted through. Hope is blue sky peeking through after days of rain.

Showers of blessing!

No comments: