Share with others

14 April 2008

More Colors... More Fun!

:::UPDATE::: Thanks to sleuthing friend Marcy, answers to your Crayola color questions here!:::

Surprise! When L & S were picking up the office today, they found a bag of school supplies I had stashed away; clearance bargains I had found back when school started in the fall.

Excitement!
Isn't opening up a new box of Crayolas one of the best of the trivial things in life?
Sharp, unbroken crayons.
Every color new.
And the scent.

Confession: when I was growing up and would get a new box of crayons, I'd organize each inner box by color groups. That will not surprise my husband. I still try to keep his shirts & ties in color order too...

Favorite colors:
L- Metallic "Big Dip o' Ruby" (we used to call that pink)
S- Metallic "Sheen Green"
friend L-Inchworm (a yellow green)
friend M- Periwinkle
K- tie between Robin's Egg Blue and Mango Tango
me- Cerulean (always Cerulean)

Why does Sepia make a scratchy noise? And why no Burnt Umber or Indian Red?
Best new name: "Purple Mountains Majesty"

The crayons and the girls are moving to the porch...
More colors. More fun!

4 comments:

C and J said...

OOOOH! What a treat! Love those new names, too. Without colorizing, how can anyone find anything? Hate to admit it, but the genetic lineage does show sometimes.... do you arrange your spices alphabetically, too? XOXOXO
Mom

K said...

Of course!
Spices, books, discs, in alpha order as long as it will last...
:-)

Michelle said...

When I see a fresh box of crayons it makes me think of Friday night sleep overs with my grandparents. Grandma always bought us the best coloring books and we would spend hours filling them up. I think the only thing better than a fresh box of crayons might be a freshly opened container of play-doh. :)

K said...

HA! Yes- playdoh! I had a first-to-open-the-lid playdoh experience in the church nursery a couple of weeks ago. Here's another good craft smell- the old Sharpie markers...